Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Resolution Accountability

Last year, I posted these resolutions on A Dearybury Of A Day for all to see. It was a bit of transparency that I was not looking forward to because I knew that Jan 2, 2011 would come and I have to look at my list to see how I did. I am happy to say that I did really well on my goals for the year.

#1 was to continue running and make it a part of my life... Well big fat check, affirmative, yes, awesome, great job on that one right? I said I would run 2 marathons and I did!!! SO happy about that!

#2 was to learn at least 5 new dishes. I did not learn these all through the year like I hoped, and not all of them are healthy dishes like I wanted, but I did learn how to make Hashbrown Casserole, Pepperoni Pizza Rolls, Baked Potato Rounds, Italian Grilled Chicken Pasta, and Homemade Icing. I guess I can post about these dishes later.

#3 was a complete failure. So sad that I didn't get this done. Hold me accountable with this one! My mom would love this!

#4 was to read at least 3 books. REAL books, not kiddie books. For those of you who know me, you know that I am not a reader. Part of the reason why I make reading so fun in my classroom is because I didn't get that excitement for reading when I was in school and have struggled to enjoy reading all my life. I am happy to say that I DOUBLED my goal! I actually read a total of 7 books in 2011. REAL ONES PEOPLE! That deserves an AWARD!

#5 was to do more random acts of kindness. I cannot tell you about all of these, but I can confirm that I made more of a conscious effort and it was fun to do! There will be more of this in 2012. Who knows, maybe you will be a recipient!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the new 2012 goals.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Mama!!! Go here and read all the things I love about here from last year! I still love all of these things!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

And backing up the pictures would have be easy co pared to some! I need to do the same thing. I think I will mark reading a priority this year too! I'll start with your blog.