Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Yesterday I posted about my success and failures with my New Year's Resolutions for 2010. Since writing them down seemed to be good for me last year, I thought I would start this year off by making some new goals for the new year.

1. Running- In this new year, I want running to continue to be a huge part of my life. I love it. As you read this right now, I am either getting ready to go, running it now, or recovering from my first ever 18 mile training run for my marathon in March.
My goal for this year...at least 2 marathons.

2. Cooking- Since I started eating healthier last year, cooking and eating at home has become more of a regular thing for me. That said, my taste buds are starting to get tired of whole wheat turkey spaghetti and grilled chicken and pork chops.
My goal for this year... Learn how to cook at least 5 new dishes.

3. Pictures- I have over 4,000 pics on my computer. My mom needs half of them because she swears she doesn't have enough.
My goal for this year... Back them up on CD's and give them to my mom.

4. Reading- I am gonna put this one on here again, but lower the expectation a bit. Maybe I will out do myself one and shock everyone.
My goal for this year... 3 books.

5. Kindness- A few times this past year I did some random acts of kindness. No, I won't tell you what I did, and who for, but I will tell you it felt good to randomly do something nice for someone who wasn't expecting it. I should do more of that!
My goal for this year... More Random Acts of Kindness!

What are some of your goals for the new year? I would love to hear them. Maybe I can add some things to my list. Any sharers?

Happy New Year!

No comments: