Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

I love this day... A day to reflect on the past year and look towards a new one. I looked back at my post this time last year because I remembered posting some goals. I have looked back at them a few times during the year to see how I was doing, and I feel pretty good about how I did. My Geography teacher from high school used to say that writing your goals down would help you to achieve them better. Guess he was right... Go here and read the goals! Great, now for my goal analysis...

1.For the second half of the year, (Aug.-Dec.) I was a great blogger. I didn't miss a day. SO I consider that one a success.

2. Fail.... I did not write one card a month. I did write several cards throughout the year, but I was hoping to be intentional about it. Maybe 2011 will be better.

3. WOW!!!! I was so excited to see my progress on this one... I passed my goal weight and kept on going... I am still eating healthy, no fast food, red meat once a week (sometimes twice.), and even better than the Wii 3 times a week, I am running 45-50 miles a week while training for a marathon! SUCCESS!!!! In fact tomorrow, I am scheduled for my first 18 miler in my marathon training... Wish me luck!

4. I would love to skip this one and pretend I didn't even put it on here. I failed miserably. I only read 1 book this entire year. I am sure you want to know which one... It was called Plan B. It was a great read about to do when your Plan A doesn't work out and you have to trust God through his "plan B." GREAT READ. I have at least 3 on my night stand that I want to finish soon. I am a good starter, but never finish!

5. Success... For the first time in my life I have a savings and there is something in it!

I guess 3 out of 5 ain't to shabby. The teacher in my gives that a grade 60. Yes that would be an F on the infamous grading scale, but in life that is passing in my book! I hope you will take a minute to reflect on your year. Take a moment even now and make some goals for 2011. Tomorrow is a day for fresh beginning.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You are a winner in my book!