Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I know you probably saw that title and thought that you had clicked in the wrong place. Don't
leave... This is the right place. Today is April 13th, 2011, and I am writing about New Year's resolutions. I used that title because I wanted to blog about this previous post. Go check out number 4 on the list and come back.

Thanks for looking if you did, but for those of you who did not,

4. Reading- I am gonna put this one on here again, but lower the expectation a bit. Maybe I will out do myself one and shock everyone.
My goal for this year... 3 books.

Many of you probably looked at that goal back when I wrote it, or even now, and you laughed at this teacher resolving only to read 3 books for a whole year. I have not kept it a secret that reading is difficult for me. My mind is easily distracted, my thoughts are unfocused as I read, and I have to read slowly to get all the details. I tell my students how hard it is for me, but I make sure they see me doing it because it so important.

As of this posting however, I am HAPPY to report that I have already met my goal of 3 books, and it is only April!!! Here is a look at the 3. I am so proud. This is probably the first time in my life that I have read so much. I literally could not put them down. The 50/5o book was AMAZING! I highly recommend it to anyone who is inspired by greatness. It is not just a runner's book. The other 2 might not interest you if you are not a runner, but I will admit again, I could not put them down.


This is not all the reading that is in store for me this year. I am currently in the middle of 2 more, and upon completing this post, I will be reading myself to sleep with this one.


Apparently all it took was for me to find the right genre of books. Who knew this, but I love real life stories, biography type books. Fiction, inspirational, and novels are NOT my thing. Got any suggestions? Let me know!

No comments: