Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Present

This is what I got for my birthday. It is a Garmin 110 GPS running watch. I used it for the first time today. It had to charge, and I had to read the instruction book to make sure I used it right. I absolutely love it!!!! It was a gift from my family. I thought of them the whole time I ran today because I was constantly looking at it. While I am running it tells me the current pace I am running,


When you are finished with the run, all the data from the watch loads to the Garmin website where it shows you your average pace per mile, the change in elevation during your run, calories burned, as well as a map of your run. Below is a snapshot of what you see.



I cannot wait to take this on my long run and see all the data... I know, I am a running nerd. Who cares? Today's run was just a short run, but a fast one. I am still a bit gun shy from the strained IT Band, and I don't want to push it too hard just yet. I did do 7 on Monday though... My long runs cannot be too far away!

Thanks to all the family who pitched in for this. I LOVE IT!

No comments: