Saturday, June 2, 2012

May 2012

How is it possible that I have missed the entire month of May on the blog? That just goes to show ya how hectic it was. The end of the school year was absolutely crazy!!! Here is a photo replay of the month.

I ran a local 5k called the Mayfest 5k. I won 3rd overall and 1st in my age division. These are 2 of my good friends Molly and Mary Ann that also ran. 



For Mother's Day my mom wanted all the family to do yard work for her. She snapped this pic after we were done!



At school, I cosponsor a 5th grade boys club with our assistant principal. Every year we hold a special mother son luncheon for the boys and their moms. This year I was so proud that my mom got to come too! 



For Teacher Appreciation Week my brother-in-law and sister surprised Matt and I by giving us their old riding lawn mower. My nieces wrote us a sweet note and taped it on the mower before we arrived to get it!



The Bruins finished up our soccer season. Great group of boys!



I tied my first bow tie ever for one of the greatest kids ever! It was 5th grade Honors Day and he told his mom that he knew Mr. D could tie it! Talk about pressure. Thank God for Google!!! Of course Youtube was blocked! I had to look at pictures. It took 30 minutes and a lot of sweat, but I got it. I love that my top button is buttoned in this pic. I forgot to undo it after practice tying on myself!



On the same Honors Day, a former student came by to visit before she left. The visit and note that she gave me were worth more than any check the state could attempt to pay me...This is why I do what I do!



After 2 years with the same students, I dreaded the last day of school. I cried like a big ole baby for most of the morning. They blessed me with a new pair of shoes and an awesome painting below. The birds are their thumb prints. Big thanks to my Class Moms for organizing this. It really made our last day together so special!







Alright folks... there it is, my May in a nutshell. All you stalkers are caught up! Now on to Summer 2012!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Looks awesome!! Love the tree (I wasn't told about that)...so glad you shared. How you liking the 5 fingers? Wore mine around Camp Croft today, not too bad. It was a busy month. Thanks for keeping us "stalkers" updated. (Which technically you wouldn't have posted if you didn't want people looking) :)