Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Smile Scholar

A few months ago while at a state wide reading conference, I was invited to join a group of educators called Smile Scholars. The group is made up of volunteers who write product reviews for a national educational supplier called Smile Makers. As part of my membership, I receive various items from the company, use them in my classroom, and write a short review for the Smile Makers catalog and website. So far I have received 2 really neat items. I will probably be posting about them here or over at my class blog, www.mrdearyburysclass.blogspot.com.

After the review is finished, I submit it to the marketing department and it is used in the catalog along with my picture. Pretty cool huh? When I first volunteered, I had no idea what I was really getting into, but I am so glad I did.  We actually get to choose the products we review, and so far they are great!!! There are all kinds of little perks along the way too! We meet once a quarter as a group to discuss all of the cool items we have been using with our students. I cannot wait for this first catalog with my picture in it. Yes, I will be available for "book signings" as soon as copies are available. Check out my official catalog photo... Does this mean I am a model?


No comments: