Sunday, June 3, 2012

Run On The Wild Side 9k

Yesterday I ran my first trail race up in North Carolina. It was definitely one of the hardest races I have ever run. Lots of hills that seem to keep going forever. Luckily, what goes up must come down, but in the world of running, it always goes back up!!! I did well for my first trail race though, 3rd overall and 1st in the 30-39 age division. I was in 2nd the entire race til the last tenth of a mile. The final hill was just too much for me and the guy who had trailed me the whole way had just enough gas to get by me. His time 40:17, my time 40:19... The winner was 40:12. O well, something to work towards next year right? Below are some pics from the race that were in today's Asheville Citizen Times. Since I was by myself and didn't have a photographer with me, I was glad to be in a few of the pics.

The start!


The finish!


That moment of glory and relief that I finally can sit down!!!

No comments: