Monday, January 30, 2012

Waiting

Isn't that a hard thing to do?

There are so many places we wait: the grocery store, the doctor's office, amusement parks, the bank, restaurants, on hold with technical support. The list could go on forever.

Then there are things we wait for: dinner to be done, the check in the mail, vacation time, birthdays, Christmas.

There are people we wait for: kids after school, friends who need to text us back, family coming over for dinner, those who are late for a meeting.

While all of these things are part of our daily lives, they are so minuscule compared to things that people are waiting on right now... the healing of a loved one, the safe return of family member from war, the return of a prodigal son or daughter, a job, the adoption to be finalized, emotional wholeness after years of abuse, deliverance from.... (you fill in the blank.)

During yesterday's church service I was reminded that waiting is part of the journey. We are all waiting for something, whether we realize it or not. It is what we do with the wait time that makes us who we are. I am waiting on whole long list of things. (Wouldn't you like a blog on those.) I know He has heard, hears, will hear all of my prayers, but while I am waiting, I will serve and worship the One who is in charge of all time and timing. Until then.... I will wait.

No comments: