Sunday, May 15, 2011

Worthless Clutter

I got on some kind of cleaning spree today thanks to the TV show Hoarders. Every time I watch the show I get rid of all kinds of stuff. A good rule of thumb for me when throwing things out is, if it hasn't moved at all in the past 6 months to a year, then I most likely don't need it. I found a jackpot full of worthless wires and phone chargers that were just taking up space in one of my nightstand drawers.


Can you imagine how "things" would feel if they had feelings??? These things would be so depressed... Not only do I NOT use them anymore, but they really have no value at all. They are just lost...no purpose, no meaning. Kind of like the toys that end up in the yard sale in Toy Story.

I know many of you will tell me I should recycle these, or donate them to some drive that reuses old cell phones, but as you can see from the pic, the red one is busted and the black one was fished out of the toilet back in its hay day, and it is inoperable. They are on their way to the big landfill in the sky. The car chargers and wall chargers snaking their way around the drawer are even more worthless because I don't even have the phones that go with them anymore. They have just been laying there all this time waiting on my to get rid of them... Sadly, or happily, depending on how you look at it, today these items met their fate!

No comments: