Monday, May 16, 2011

Not A Great Idea

How many times have we been browsing through the store, and we find something that we think we have to have. Maybe the item will help solve some kind of problem, make your life easier, or just put a smile on your face. You excitedly make the purchase, get it home, and rip open the packaging so that your good feeling you had as you stood there on aisle 9 follows you into your home. Yet somehow, that euphoric feeling that you knew the item would bring, instead brings grief, sorrow, and a big ole let down!

That is how I feel every time I look at the towel rack hanging below my kitchen sink. I thought it was a great idea at the time. It seemed like such a novel idea... a tiny towel rack that would hang on your cabinet door below your kitchen sink for a dish towel... what is not a good idea about that???



The rack however is so light weight that every time you open the cabinet to get the dish detergent, Mr. Clean, or furniture polish, it goes flying across the kitchen, thus flinging the said dish towel across the room, only to cause you to sigh for the 100,000 time. Every time I grab the towel to dry my hands or the dishes, the rack falls on my toe. I would much rather be using the hand towel than ripping too many pieces of the Bounty Select-A-Size roll sitting right near by, but the loathing I have for the falling rack causes me to ignore the hand towel and I rip a Bounty instead!

I know what you are thinking... Why don't I just get rid of it? I guess I can't get rid of it because I paid for it... HA... that can't be it. I only paid $6.99, and I think I had a coupon for 20% off. Maybe on my next Hoarders purge, that will be the next thing to go!


Posted from BB's iPhone!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I had on of those and I threw it away. It was scratching up my cabinet door.

I will be more than happy to throw that sucker in the trash for you next time I come over for a visit!