It came to mind because little pieces of cereal fell out of the bowl and little drops of milk dropped to counter. I said out loud, while I was all alone, "I cannot pour a bowl of cereal." It is true, I can't! I cannot think of a time where I didn't spill a piece of cereal or a drop of milk when I am eating cereal. I eat cereal at least 2 times a day, sometimes 3. Breakfast, post run, and sometimes and bedtime snack.
As I said "I can't," a whole list of little things popped into my head that I cannot do! Hope these make you feel a little bit better about yourself!
1. I can't whistle with 2 fingers... You know, the really loud kind of whistle that everyone stops when they hear it.
2. I can't grill anything. I burn it no matter what it is...no matter the temperature...even if I stand there the whole time.
3. I can't play team sports. I have tried, and I stink at all of them. Don't ask me to be on your team. Coaching is one thing, playing is a whole different ball game!
4. I can't mop. Every time I have ever attempted I get stuck in a corner. I always feel like I am just pushing a bucket of dirty water around the living room and nothing is getting cleaned.
5. I can't use Print Shop. All my techy and teacher friends will laugh at this one. I have tried to use the software and it just doesn't make sense to me. I blog, I wiki, I create Power Point, I make flipcharts for ActivInspire, I can even write a bit of html code, but don't ask me to do something on Print Shop.
6. I can't set a little cheap watch. You know the ones you get at Wal-Mart for like 5 bucks... I have had several of those, and I always have to get someone else to set it. My students ask me to set theirs all the time, and I just have to tell them to ask their mom!
7. I can't raise one eyebrow and sink the other one. I want to so bad so I can give the evil eye to my students. Sometimes I think I am giving them that evil eye only to realize that both eyebrows are raised, and I look ridiculous! No wonder they laugh at me.
8. I can't tie someone else's shoe. Let me explain... I can if I am beside them, and tie it as if it were my own shoe. Standing across from them and trying to tie it is almost impossible for me!
9. I can't wrap stuff with plastic wrap. The stuff never sticks like it supposed to, I tear it off and it is instantly a big mess, I get mad and throw it away. I use tin foil instead. (Teri, that is aluminum foil for you!)
10. I can't get ice out of the freezer without dropping at least one piece. If I am at your house, my house, my mom's house...whoever's house, I WILL drop a piece of ice if I have to get any out... TRUST ME!
Is there anything you can't do?