Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not Gonna Worry About It!

This school year I took a class to learn how to teach those students who are gifted and talented. During the course of the class, the teacher more than once said, "We are not gonna worry about it," in regards to our assignments. She was saying that so we wouldn't freak out when she told us whatever it was we were going to have to do. That motto of hers just bore a deep hole in my psyche, and I am SO glad it did because there is a lot I could worry about right now, but I won't... but just in case you are wondering, here is the list of potential worries that I am ignoring even as I type....

1. I am not gonna worry about how hard the music is for the musical I am playing in.

2. I am not gonna worry that there is a patch of milkweed that seems to be taking over the side of my yard.

3. I am not gonna worry that the dishes are sitting there in the sink.

4. I am not gonna worry that there is an inch of dust on the bottom shelf of the coffee table.

5. I am not gonna worry about missing my soccer practice tonight because I had musical practice, I am doing the best I can.

6. I am not gonna worry about that pile of clothes sitting on the ironing board, that have been there for days now.

7. I am not gonna worry about the Mud Run on Saturday and lack of upper body strength for the climbs that are in the race.

8. I am not gonna worry about those caterpillars in the little cups at school. If they need more room to make a chrysalis then they should eat more of the food out of the way.

9. I am not gonna worry about putting the trash and recycling out even though will be picked up in the morning.

10. I am not gonna worry about all you readers laughing at me over my lack of worrying. :0)

No comments: