Thursday, April 28, 2011

Post Run Food

Tonight I was reading an article about post run food that came to my email from Runner's World. I love getting articles like that because they always give me new ideas of things to eat after running. Fruit smoothies are a great snack that I read about tonight. I may be buying a blender soon.

Lots of people ask me what I eat to fuel my runs, and to recover afterward. These are some good snacks that I eat, and would be great for you too after any kind of exercise.




1. Wheatables- These are awesome little crackers made with whole wheat. They have a sweet honey taste. My brother-in-law, the pickiest eater I know LOVES THEM!

2. Honey Nut Cheerios- I wish I would have kept track of the number of boxes of this that I have eaten since my whole weight lose journey began. Since that day I would say I have had more than 200 boxes. Currently I eat a huge bowl full every morning and another huge bowl full after my runs. Sometimes I go back for a third bowl before bed!!!


3. Chocolate Milk- i never would have thought about this being a great snack until I started running, however, if you use a low fat or 1% milk, this is a great way to replenish your carbs quickly after exercise.

4. Bananas- I have blogged about my obsession with bananas before. I eat about 3 a day... sometimes 4. I cannot have enough. I found this pick online tonight, and thought is was a great representation of me and this blog... I love randomness!
5. Pasta Salad- I can make this from scratch very easily and keep it in the fridge for days. I do love the easy make kind by Kraft or Betty Crocker. Sometimes you can get them BOGO. I try to keep this snack made often. It comes in handy for a quick dinner too!



No comments: