Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mmm Mmm Good!

When I was little I went to Small World daycare in Boiling Springs. It is no longer in business, but I pass by where it used to be often. I have sooo many great memories of that place. Skating on Wednesdays, swimming lessons, backyard Bible school, Mrs. Brown, Donna, June, Gail, Texi, Mrs. Marlowe, Judy... Those were the best days!!!

One of my fondest memories was all the yummy food Ms. Texi used to fix. My favorite meal she made was my dinner tonight, Tomato Soup and Cheese Toast. I did my best to find some pics online just to illustrate this blog, but these 2 just do not do it justice. I put lots of saltines (whole wheat of course) in the soup, and I love for my cheese toast to be slightly burnt on top. Of course the toast is on wheat bread too! I am not sure why I love this so much. Maybe it is a comfort food for me because it takes me back to the worry free life of childhood... Who knows? One thing I do know... After all these years it was still Mmm Mmm good! (I know you just sang that like in the commercial. It's ok!) Maybe tomorrow I will make my second favorite meal from the daycare days... square pizza and tater tots! DEEEE-LISH!


No comments: