Sunday, February 6, 2011

There Ain't Always Goose Bumps

This morning at church our pastor talked about spending time alone with God. Reading your Bible, praying, thanking God for His blessings, etc. in a "quiet time" set apart in your day. During his sermon he actually sat on the stage and kinda modeled for us how his daily quiet time went. He was quick to tell us that there weren't always goose bumps and tears during his time with the Lord. He is from Alabama so he actually said, "There ain't always goose bumps!"

I was so glad he said that. I know some people who will never spend a quiet moment with the Lord because they think they don't know what to do. He went on to say that every quiet time didn't always have 3 points and a poem, a common stereotype about preachers' sermons. After the sermon, I went out for a run, and I digested it all. After I got myself straightened out and had a moment with the Lord in the first few miles, I begin to connect that sermon back to my blog.

For those of you who have been around the blog for a while, you know that I went through a period of no blogging. Not sure why...just didn't seem to make time for it. Something happened one day though, and I got back into it, and I haven't missed a day since August. "What happened" you ask? Well, I guess I just decided that every day didn't have to have goose bumps...Everyday didn't have to have a meaningful point... Everyday didn't have to have a picture or a funny story. These are just my random thoughts for the day that I choose to share in a public online blog. I admit, it seems that ridiculously funny things happen to me from time to time, and this is a great place to share those things. And honestly, I enjoy seeing my thoughts in writing. Even my most funny and ridiculous blogs cause me to be reflective.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading, and then it never fails that I get an email from someone who laughed, cried, or pondered as they read my words. As long as there is one, I will keep writing.... Just know.. There ain't always gonna be goose bumps!

No comments: