Monday, February 7, 2011

Transparent...Random, But Transparent!

Yesterday I blogged about our pastor modeling for us how to have a "quiet time" with the Lord. One of the things I liked about it was how transparent he was being. I do not like folks who act like everything is perfect, they don't do anything wrong, and their life is just wonderful. Why... Cause most of the time they are not being honest. Everyone has some "junk" hiding around their lives. I am not talking about a big, dark, family secret... I am just saying that sometimes it feels good just to let it all out and be real...be honest... be transparent.

In an effort to do that, I am gonna tell you some of the random things that I thought about/did yesterday afternoon... Remember... There ain't always gonna be goose bumps!

1. For some ridiculous reason the song, "I Need A Little Christmas, Right This Very Minute," keep naggin' me in my brain while I ran... Where in the world did that come from?

2. I was mad at myself after my run. I have been a bit under the weather this weekend and didn't meet my mileage that I wanted for the week. I was only 4 miles short, and my time was really good, but I just couldn't take another step!

3. I worry too much. I get it honest. My granny is a worrier. Yesterday I worried about a lot of things. I worried about my toe and this massive bruise that is on it. It has been there a month. I worried about some of my family who is going through a rough patch. I worried about getting hurt between now and the marathon.

4. I thought about the 4 people who have emailed me in the past few weeks asking for some advice, and how I have not even taken the time to return their message. I am coming... I promise!

5. I was elated to get in the bed at 5 yesterday! Of course I had the computer, and worked on some school stuff...but I was in the bed nonetheless.

No comments: