Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Week of Thanks- Day 6

Today I am gonna share some of the "little" things I am thankful for.

1. This reclining couch I am sitting on with the promise of 5 days off!!!

2. My Christmas decorations are up and I am ready to enjoy the holidays.

3. Good Food... Since I have been eating healthier I have grown to really appreciate good food. My new favorite thing in the world, not necessarily a healthy item, is GOAT CHEESE.. I LOVE IT!

4. My Trumpet... I love playing the trumpet. I am not a really upbeat, big band player... I like playing like smooth jazz, Christmas music, church stuff. It is such a part of my life...Guess I should be thankful for my lungs and lips too huh?

5. My House... Still after 5 years of being here, every time I pull in the drive way, I have this surreal moment where I cannot believe that this is actual "MY" house.

6. Recycling Bins... I have been a recycl"er" for about 7 years now, and it thrills me to see them all over now. They used to now be anywhere. I am still sad that they are not at my church... Shouldn't we be leading the way??

7. A Dishwasher... If mine tears up I will only be in mourning for about 10 minutes... That is how long it will take me to get to Lowe's to get new one.

8. Seasons... I know some of you might think that is an odd thing to be thankful for, but I have some friends who live in places where the weather is the same all the time and they do not get to enjoy Fall and Spring like we do around here. I had a moment today as I ran where all these red and yellow leaves were swirling around me and it was so cool. Some people will never experience that.

9. Mistakes... Can you imagine if you never made any? You would have never learned anything, and you would be the most arrogant person ever!

10. Good Music... Music can take my emotions on a ride like no other thing in the world. It can make me run so fast as it thumps in my iPod. It can make me want to shout, spin, and dance. It can draw me into the presence of the Lord. It can make me weep. It can make me clap and smile. It is powerful! I cannot imagine life without it.