Monday, November 22, 2010

A Week of Thanks- Day 5

Today I am thankful for a career that I love! Teaching is about the best thing to do in the world. Some days I leave the school and can't believe I get paid to teach, mold, grow, and hang out with these great kids all day.

Yes, sometimes I leave and think they can't pay me enough to come back, but I always do. Every job is like that on some days. If you are a regular reader of the blog then you've seen some of the hilarious things that I hear, see, and do throughout the week. It is awesome! I absolutely LOVE what I do!!!

Some of the things that make my specific career even better are...

1. I believe with all my heart that teaching is what I was made to do. It feels great to go to work every day and know that you are right where you need to be!

2. I work with some awesome people. Everyone in my school is like a big family. We help each other, we cry together, we celebrate each other. It is a fantastic place to be each and every day.

3. Of course I have to mention summer's off... I wouldn't be a good teacher if I left that out right??? Contrary to popular opinion we don't sit around at the pool all summer. A teacher's work is never done. Just because they are not in the building doesn't mean they aren't working. Matt is making something for a lesson right now, and I am on the way to grade papers as soon as I finish this! It is nice to have a couple of months out of the building to fall back, regroup, and get ready to do it all again!

No comments: