Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Week of Thanks- Day 7

This week of thanks has been a great week of reflection for me. I am sure some of you have been wondering each day when I am gonna to be thankful for Jesus, salvation, my mom, my sister, my best friend, my nieces, and even my brother-in-law, and I say to you, OF COURSE I AM THANKFUL FOR THEM... If you are a regular reader of the blog, I mention my faith, my family, and my friends more than anything on else on the blog.

Hopefully my life exudes thankfulness for those things. If you have to ask me if I am thankful for Jesus, then I most certainly am not living like I should. When I think of the forgiveness that He so freely poured out on this messed up life of mine, I am overwhelmed with thanks!!! Whether it is Thanksgiving, Christmas, or April 23rd, you should be able to examine the life of any believer and see a life of gratitude for Jesus.

I love my mom so much that being thankful for her just goes without saying. Just the other day she spent her whole day off cleaning my house just because. I came home from school to clean floors, sparkling bathrooms, and dust free end tables. Who wouldn't be thankful for that?

My sister, nieces, and yes, even my brother-in-law are so important to me... Without them, life would be so boring. When we all get together there is always laughter, usually it's at the expense of my sister, but nonetheless there is laughter and good times. LOVE THEM!

There are no words to describe my thanks for my best friend Matt. He pays rent, he does the dishes, he trims bushes, and cuts the grass... all because he wants to! My great grandma Maudie told me one time..."When you find a good roommate, keep 'em. It's hard to live with just anybody!" If he ever moves out I will need to get an extra job to pay for a maid and a lawn man!!!

Seriously folks, I know I kinda made light of my thanks, at least for the the family and friends, but I love them all so much, and I am very grateful for all of them this Thanksgiving! Tomorrow is a normal day for me because I am beyond thankful every single day!

No comments: