Monday, October 11, 2010

New Beginnings

Yesterday I had the privilege of speaking to an awesome group of 5th and 6th graders at New Beginnings UMC in Boiling Springs about Operation Christmas Child. They were a great bunch and their listening skills were fantastic. They were very interested in learning all about OCC. I know they are gonna blow their goal of 200 boxes out of the water!!!!

After I left, I could not stop thinking about the name of their church... New Beginnings. I LOVE that name. Isn't that what knowing Jesus is all about... A new beginning, a new start, clean and forgiven... Not having to walk around with all of the guilt and shame that our sin puts on us. What a relief right?

Sometimes I forget that... Don't you? Instead of allowing Him to pour grace all over us it seems that we sometimes run from it.

I can't help but think about a dog getting a bath when I write that. Dogs always seem to run away from their bath. They don't want to stay still; they shake and shimmy. The process is a down right ordeal. Once its over of course the dogs looks, feels, and smells better. The wash is good for him!

Today where ever you are when you read this, commit to start on a new beginning with what ever is weighing you down. Cast it aside and start fresh. Embrace the grace and let Him make you new. Start the week out right a great new beginning!

No comments: