Friday, October 22, 2010

Furlough Friday

Well... Here it is, another Furlough Friday. This is furlough day 2 of 5 that some of us SC teachers must endure. Just like anyone who is losing money, we aren't happy about it, but we are definitely making the most of our time off!!!

Right now I know of one teacher who is having breakfast with Mickey Mouse.

I know another that is in Boone riding a bike trail through the fall foliage.

I know another who is at Oak Island in NC.

I am sure there are many who are sleeping even as I type, soaking up all the extra sleep they can get.

And of course, I am sure that there is 1 or 2 who have been up since their normal 5am wake up call and decided to get busy on some school work so that next week might not be the usual hectic routine of grading, planning, and emailing.

So, what am I doing? I am sitting in the lobby of the Hampton Inn at Myrtle Beach finishing up my "free" breakfast. I am here for my first half marathon on Sunday. I am VERY excited about it and thankful that I have this wonderful furlough day to sit around the hotel and enjoy it. I am about to head out for my last run before the race, going to pick up my race packet around 12, and then dinner with a bunch of friends I haven't seen for a while tonight. Tomorrow my family is coming in so they can be here to cheer me on in the race Sunday. Furlough Friday is the kick off to what is going to be a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jed,

I'm here in Spartanburg but my heart is in Myrtle Beach with you. Run like the wind Saturday. I know you will do great. If you think you can't make it think of me. Run for me I would love to one day be able to do a half marathon. But I'm to old to dream like that. So, I will live though you. GO RUN AND ENJOY!!!