Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dinner @ Granny's House

Yesterday around 12:30 I got a text from my granny. Yes, I said a text... She is cool like that!

Anyway, the text said that dinner would be ready at 6:30. I was VERY shocked to get it, because usually family dinners are a big ordeal. You know, finding a date, time, who should bring what...that kind of thing. I had a class last night so I knew that I could not make it right at 6:30, but I texted her back and said I would be there as close to 7 as possible.

No worries about being on time. My family is ALWAYS late. I think I am the only one close to being punctual.

When I got the text, I immediately started thinking about all the good stuff it might be. It could be a baked ham...cubed steak with rice and gravy...maybe even some of her famous cocktail weenies that are only at Christmas. The one thing I wanted most of all though was pot roast, potatoes, and carrots.

I sneaked out of class a bit early and got there right at 7. I could smell it when I got out of the car. I was so excited because I KNEW it was pot roast. I got in and went straight to the kitchen. I saw her infamous pot roast pan and my the sweet aroma that was wafting up my nose was confirmed.

I was so FULL!!!!! Nothing like granny's cooking to fill you up! It was delicious.

The best part about it was that no one had died, there was no bad news, it wasn't even a holiday... It was just a good dinner with family for no reason other than that we love each other and wanted to be together! Thanks Granny!!

No comments: