Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Support Your Kids

Last night I got to do one of the things that I absolutely love doing as a teacher. I went to support one of my kids at their ball game. Supporting your students outside of the school is just as important as what you do in the four walls of your classroom. It validates them and what they do, and at the same time it lets them know that you are interested in what they do. It builds the relationship with the family and encourages the lines of communication to remain open.

I must admit that it was a bit cold out last night, but it was so worth it. When I got there I tried to be inconspicuous so I would not cause them to lose their focus. I didn't make it half way to the other side of the field without hearing those words I had heard all day.....

Missssssssttttttttteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr Dearyburyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course as a teacher it makes you feel proud to hear those words outside of the building because you know that you have made an impact and that is their excitement coming out. Hearing it a hundred times in the classroom is a whole different story.

I had fun tonight even though the team I went to see didn't win. The team member I went to see played great!!! 2 hits, one single and a double, and made it across home plate both times!!! You know I got a picture, but for their safety I can't post it. It will be hanging proudly on the wall in my classroom! Go Rebels!!!!!

No comments: