Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just Stop and Listen

Have you ever had one of those moments where you heard a song and it just stopped you in your tracks? It may have been a song you have heard a 1,000 times or a song that you are hearing for the first time. Tonight I had a moment like that with an old song. Matt, my roommate was watching some YouTube videos and he ran across this one below of David Phelps singing, O Holy Night...

Now, I know it's not Christmas, but why not continue to celebrate the most important birth of all time. This version of the song stopped me dead in my tracks. I was busy surfing the net and I had to close my computer and sit and watch it. The power of the words in this song brought tears to my eyes even though I have heard it a million times. Enjoy!

"Truly He taught us to love one another. His law is love and His gospel is peace."


2 comments:

MillerFourWays said...

Oh, this is one my favorites! David Phelps has got to be one of the most gifted musicians I've ever heard - his lung power is incredible.

snookmama said...

I totally felt like this year I finally heard this song for the first time. It's always been my favorite but I've never listened to it like the author was trying to put me there on the night Jesus was born. I'd never gotten it. Made me really want to "fall on my knees."