Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fried Crispy

Last night I decide to make one of my favorite meals from back in the day when I was at daycare... Cheese Toast and Tomato Soup. I remember just loving the taste of the meal, especially with lots of Saltines in the soup. Another favorite part was the cheese toast with a little burnt part on the top. My sister told me to make it black on the top to turn the broil on instead of bake. She failed to tell me to leave it in there just briefly. Thus the results you see below. I seriously on left it in there 3 minutes. I had no idea this would happen. Believe it or not, it happened a second time. I managed to salvage some of it though... O well, every meal cannot be great. Maybe I lost a pound or two.

5 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

Ha!
As for the Einstein Bros, its in the old general store building right on the corner of the 4 way stop. Call us if you are coming and we'll meet you there!!

Unknown said...

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!! NOT ONLY AM I LAUGHING AT YOUR MASTERPIECE, MAUDIE IS ROLLING OVER!! GOOD JOB SON!!!

The Rickards Family said...

Cheese toast is a staple in our house. I broil mine to get the brown part on top, too, but you definitely have to keep an eye on it. It can burn in an instant. Better luck next time!

Teri said...

So I'm wondering how many people made cheese toast after reading this post. I just broiled up two pieces (minus the charred topping) and I must say they were delicious. My dad used to make them all the time. Thanks for the reminder!

jkstrib said...

Yet another thing we have in common, but I know how to make it noncrispy! ;)