Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

Well... My Christmas started out great... We all woke up to see what Santa brought us, opened our gifts, and got the day started.

Around 10:30 or so I started feeling funny. By 11:30 I had a fever of about 102 and really bad stomach cramps... By 2:00, I was throwing up and the other side was working just as well. I slept in my sister's bed all day 'til finally around 5:30, I asked them to take me home.

I missed all the fun and the big dinner that night. Around 10:30pm, my mom brought me some meds to knock me out for the night along with a Mountain Dew. I continued to sleep all night and most of the morning today. I still don't feel great, but better than yesterday.

Because I was sick, I also missed my annual shopping day with my good friend Dennis. We look so forward to going this day every year, and it was a no go this year. :0(

It is the weirdest sickness I have ever had. Yesterday morning I felt fine when I woke up, and in just a matter of hours I could not move. I hadn't had anything to eat since the night before.... and as of right now (5:24 pm on the 26th) I still haven't eaten. Maybe I will be able to hold down some dinner. Wish me luck.... and Merry "day after" Christmas

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry you got sick! Just look at it this way...you saved all that money you would have spent today!

MillerFourWays said...

just curious - did you eat any Jimmy Dean sausage? we had it at breakfast at my mom's and 3 of us were sick (exactly as you described) by the end of the day. my aunt also cooked it at her house for the meal she was doing, and 2 ppl there got sick, the same way. would be a weird coincidence.

Copeland's said...

A few in our family had a 24 hour stomach virus. Sick as dogs for 24 hours - a little guy had to go into the emergency room for 'fluids' so drink a couple sips - every 2 hours , or so. even if you don't want it.
Sorry you were sick ... Get Well soon. lc

Kim said...

Oh no! I had that same thing 2 Saturdays ago. Missed Sunday morning... :( It was the same for me... got up and felt fine... 2 hours later I was in sicker than I've been in years... Oh I was miserable! I couldn't do anything but lay down. I felt terrible missing a Saturday with my family. But missing Christmas stinks 100 times more!!!! I'm so sorry, but I'm glad you're feeling better!!! The sickness lasted about 25 hours... but the semi-icky feelings afterwards lasted a couple days. I hope you're better to party all night for new years :)

Strosie said...

that is so crazy! my mom was sick to her stomach just like you christmas day too! she busted blood vessels under her eyes from throwing up. yuck. but she felt better the next day--just a little sore. i hope i don't get it!!! maybe something is going around AMRBC.