Saturday, April 7, 2012

Imagine If...

I know you have played this game before. Think of a life event and try to "imagine" how your life would have been different had that event never happened. I am not talking about HUGE events like marriage, kids, etc. I am talking about things that you may not think of that often.

When I play this game, I often try to imagine how my life would have been different had I not switched from clarinet to trumpet the 2nd week of band class. LOL, I know... that was definitely a good move.

Imagine how my life would have been different had I went to Appalachian State instead of NGC. I was accepted and even went for orientation. Something made me change my mind. I never went.

Imagine if I would have never gone to Europe, Alaska, Senegal, or The Philippines??? All of those trips led to something amazing in my life upon my return.

Imagine if I had never started running... How big would I be now? Would I have topped size 40 by now? The thought of this one scares me to death.

The whole thought of this "imagine if" game settled on my heart tonight as I thought about all that is this weekend. When you stop to reflect on what actually happened some 2,000 years ago about this time, your mind cannot help but be filled with thoughts of imagine if...

Imagine if... He would have never left Heaven.

Imagine if... He would have never dwelt among us.

Imagine if... He had never showed us the way.

Imagine if... He had never felt the nails.

Imagine if... He had never bled.

Imagine if... He had never died.

Imagine if... He had never got up.

Aren't you glad He did what He did so that we don't have to face those horrible "imagine ifs."
Happy Easter!

No comments: