Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sandwich Maker

Today at lunch my student teacher and I were talking. She asked me if I ever got tired of eating the same ole thing for lunch everyday. I eat a peanut butter and jelly on wheat with Cheez-its and a banana religiously. The only substitution would be to have turkey on wheat when the peanut butter runs out and I havent been to the grocery store.

I told her that I didn't mind eating the same thing, but I sure got tired of making it every day.
A student sitting beside me piped up and said, "that's why you need a wife." I asked how a wife would fix that, and without hesitation he said, "because she knows you are busy and would make it for you." I then gave him a lesson on chivalry and told him that I wouldn't expect my wife to make me a sandwich. He kept insisting that a wife was the only solution.

By this time, the whole lunch table was involved in the conversation. Most of them sitting by giggling at the thought of me with a wife. I decided to turn the discussion into a little mini lesson right there at the table. I asked the to help me come up with ways to get my sandwich made without having to do it myself. Here is there list.

1. Invent a machine to do it for me.

2. Ask my mom to do it.

3. Get a sandwich making machine from the store.

4. Buy a robot, that will be as good as a wife!!!

Number 4 was by far the best idea! Now if I can just figure out where to buy one!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the things kids come up with!

The Rickards Family said...

I like #4...you can just hire Rosie from the Jetsons ;)