Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bargin Books

Tonight I was killing time before I had to be somewhere by relaxing and perusing all of the books at Barnes and Noble. I LOVE to go in there. I feel smarter for just being in there... even more so when I sit in one of their big comfy chairs and pretend to be reading just so my tired feet can have a rest. Shhhh! Don't tell them I do that. They may ask me to get up and save that space for a real reader!!!

I have my same routine every time I go. I start out at the books about running and make my way back to the children's books. I take a loop through the teacher area and wonder through the games and puzzles. I end with a brief visit to the local author and South Carolina book section, then spend my remaining time skimming the bargain books.

The bargain books always provide me with great laughter. Some of the books are so ridiculous that it is hard for me to imagine a legit publisher taking these authors seriously, much less putting their logo on the book, however there are at least 4-6 rows of future yard sale fodder that line the B&N shelves. Here are a few pics of some of the titles that made me chuckle tonight!!

This is for that really lonely cat lover on a dateless night I guess.






They had this one out for those who are thinking that the world is really gonna end this Friday like that guy from New York is saying! Better run get a copy. This was the last one!






This one was actually pretty good. I'll be blogging later about pink flamingos.






This one just made me mad. Men are always made to be dumb loafs in sitcoms, and I am sure this book just adds to that stereotype that we are helpless creatures in need of guidance from a goddess.






... And just in case you are starting a chicken farm, there is a guide just for you... AND IT'S ON SALE!!!!






DISCLAIMER: I have not read any of these books, and I clearly judged these books by their covers. They may be genuinely good books, and I do not in any way wish to discredit these skilled writers. Go to your local B&N and purchase one today.

Posted from BB's iPhone!

No comments: