Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Am Thine

It is 12:30 on Wednesday morning, or late Tuesday night, however you like to look at it. I am up late spending some time with the Lord, thinking and praying... Got a lot on my mind tonight, and He is helping me get it all sorted out, lined up, and ready to go!!! He has been up to some things lately, and I am excited about the way He is showing me the steps I need to take. Trusting Him isn't always easy, but it is no doubt the best!

All day long I have had this old hymn in my head, and tonight it is still floating around up there! I Am Thine O Lord... If you don't know it check out the words.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the power of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

O the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.

Chorus: Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

Two phrases that have been sticking out to me today are, "I am Thine" and "Consecrate me now."

I am so overwhelmed with thanks at the thought that I am His!!! When you think about life, and all of the "stuff" it brings, how can you have any peace aside from the fact that you are His and He is there through every step???

The other phrase "Consecrate me now," has really been on my heart as I have reflected about my teaching this year as we draw to a close of another year. The word consecrate means to dedicate to a sacred purpose. When I have sung this song in my head and heart today, that has been my prayer... that He would consecrate, or dedicate me, more and more, to the sacred purpose of such a noble profession. The only way to be consecrated is for me to draw nearer and nearer to Him as the song says...Guess that is what I am up doing even now.

If you have never heard this song, take a listen. The guy may not look like you want him to, and he may not sound the way you like it, but tonight as I sat here in my room, this video of him seemed to sing it like my heart was screaming it out.


No comments: