Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping is not typically you do after dinner with friends, but tonight my friend Kati, Matt and I went to Ingles after dinner because we all 3 needed things for school tomorrow. I needed eggs, Kati needed popcorn, and Matt needed cereal. We were not worried about buying a lot because dinner at Wade's followed by a big 'ole cup of Tutti Frutti (Don't laugh Kati!), had left us all full as a tick! We were not however, expecting to laugh so hard as we perused the aisles.

The first thing that got us tickled was my fault. We were looking at the salads in the deli when the clerk came over and asked me if he could help us. Jokingly, I said, "Can I have a sample?" Kati was telling me about how great this salad they have called "Workout Salad" is. Next thing I know the guy scoped me out a cup full. It was good, but everything he put in the cup, (banana peppers, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes) I do not like. So I made Kati finish it. She would let me throw the cup away. It rode around in the buggy the whole time.


As we continued along, I noticed this fruit that I have never heard of before. I don't even know how to say it.... What in the heck is it? Guess I will be headed wikipedia after the blog.


This made us laugh hard. Matt went to get cereal while we were over near the dairy. He had to walk all across the store to get it. We were still in the dairy section when he got back and put the cereal in the buggy. Immediately Kati and I noticed this box. He had picked it up and walked around the whole store and not noticed that it had been opened. It looked as if some kid had tried to dig in when mom wasn't looking. We went back to get another box, and wouldn't you know it, he picked up another open box!


Based on the laughter that came out of Ingles tonight, I think grocery shopping with friends should happen more often...Who wants to go with me next week?

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all!

Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN said...

thanks for blogging about Ingles :)