Monday, March 21, 2011

Publix Georgia Marathon Part 2

When there are 19,000 runners crammed into a downtown street, it is hard to capture what your eyes see. There is a crazy commotion and organized chaos that cannot truly be described, only experienced. Here are a few images we managed to capture on marathon day. My sister has some more so I'll post those when I can.

This first video shows the start of the race. Obviously you can see it was still dark and there were TONS of people. I definitely had the cutest little cheerleaders though!






This is a pic and video of me hitting Mile 23. That was the farthest I had ever been at that point. It was a perfect place for my family to be cheering. The video does NOT do that hill justice. The last 3 miles of the 26.2 were uphill!





Here I am after the big finish with my "blanket" and medal! This was a proud moment. I cannot wait to see the official finish line photo from the race photographers. I am sure that it will be an ugly face!


Here are my cheerleaders, minus the photographer Jason, who drove all the way from North Augusta just to cheer me on. I have such a great family and friends!!!


Here I am celebrating my big day with a food reward! Of course I wore that medal inside. I was NOT taking it off!

No comments: