Saturday, March 19, 2011

1 Day Til The Marathon

Right now as this posts, I am loading the car, and heading to Atlanta. For those of you readers who have stayed tuned in each day for the past 19, thanks for being there. I have no idea who you are, but it was encouraging to see my same 50 readers return each day. I envisioned you out there cheering me on. You could have been laughing, but in my mind, you were my biggest fans, reading along with baited breathe, as I have taken this journey towards my goal to complete my marathon. I am so excited that this day is finally here. I cannot wait to share the big finish with you tomorrow, but first there are a few miles to run!!!!

As I travel today I ask that you take a moment to pray for a few things as I enter the last 24 hours before the race.

1. Pray for the mental battle. Running 10 miles is tough on the mind...26.2 is sure to weigh heavy. Thus far the mental battle has been 99% of the fight for me.

2. Pray for my endurance. I have trained hard for this, but you never know when a tired spell might hit! I did 22 miles just 3 weeks ago and finished that fine... Pray me through that last 4.2!

3. Pray specifically for my left leg. There have been some issues this week that have been aggravating to say the least. Nothing too major, but annoying! Pray that the adrenaline will over come any pain.

4. Pray for our safety as we travel. My mom, sister, bro-in-law, nieces, Matt and Jason are traveling down. It is gonna be a weekend to remember no doubt!

5. Pray that I will honor the Lord with every step of the race! He has given me these legs, my strength, and a life story of His faithfulness to share!

1 Sleep to go! Wish me luck!

No comments: