As I travel today I ask that you take a moment to pray for a few things as I enter the last 24 hours before the race.
1. Pray for the mental battle. Running 10 miles is tough on the mind...26.2 is sure to weigh heavy. Thus far the mental battle has been 99% of the fight for me.
2. Pray for my endurance. I have trained hard for this, but you never know when a tired spell might hit! I did 22 miles just 3 weeks ago and finished that fine... Pray me through that last 4.2!
3. Pray specifically for my left leg. There have been some issues this week that have been aggravating to say the least. Nothing too major, but annoying! Pray that the adrenaline will over come any pain.
4. Pray for our safety as we travel. My mom, sister, bro-in-law, nieces, Matt and Jason are traveling down. It is gonna be a weekend to remember no doubt!
5. Pray that I will honor the Lord with every step of the race! He has given me these legs, my strength, and a life story of His faithfulness to share!
1 Sleep to go! Wish me luck!