Saturday, December 4, 2010

25 Days of Christmas-4

Last night I had the privilege of being the "DJ" at the annual AMRBC, Young at Heart, Senior Adult Christmas dinner. It is quickly becoming a Christmas tradition for me that I look forward to each year. This year was the 5th one I have attended, and every year I have a great time.

All of the seniors are always so grateful to me for being there, and I get a free meal while I am playing the music. In the past we have played different games, and there is usually an ornament swap, during which time I make corny jokes and everyone laughs... or at least they pretend to.

One of the things that I look forward to most at this dinner is a couple named Mr. and Mrs. Shelton. They love to dance. Every year Mr. Shelton will come to the table and ask me if I have anything to Jitterbug to. I always do because I love to see them dance. I look at them while they are dancing with such admiration and respect. The years of life, love, struggle, heart ache, and faithfulness that I know they have endured together causes me to be overwhelmed. I was able to record a little video of them last night. The pastor's kids were enjoying the festivities as well.



Didn't you love it? Merry Christmas!

No comments: