Saturday, November 27, 2010

Plan Ahead

One question I have gotten more than anything during this last year of my weight loss journey has been, "How do I keep it off?"

That really is a simply question to answer but a difficult one to follow through on... The answer... Never go back to your habits, but change them! Once you've lost your weight do not get comfortable and star sneaking a bowl of ice cream here and a piece of cake there. Next thing you know you'll have gained back 10-15 pounds and be left wondering how in the world it happened.

One way I have made a change in an old habit is by planning ahead for food when I leave the house for an extended period of time. The old Jed would have just stopped by Chick-fil-a or Burger King while I was out and about. The new Jed takes his own bag of goodies that are healthier choices. This way I save money and don't eat lots of junk while I'm out.

This pic below shows my bag for today as I'm on the way to Charlotte again to work in the OCC Warehouse. We did stop at McDonald's on the way up, but I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and had wheat thins instead of the fries, all because I planned ahead had my bag of goodies. Some other things I have taken in my bag before are peanut butter, bananas, whole wheat cheezits, honey nut cheerios, gala apples, and baked lays.



Posted from BB's iPhone!

No comments: