Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nothing Could Be Finer...

I love where I live. I have been lots of places and there is not another place that I would really rather live. Sure the beach would be nice, but I would get tired of the sand. Yea, the mountains would be nice, but its gets too cold and the snow would get dirty after a while. Yes, my friend Teri lives in the deserts of Utah, but it gets hotter than tar nation out there. I feel like my home state gets a bum rap all the time from the wonderful, super intelligent media, but I am here to tell them, there is no place like South Carolina. Here you find a people proud of who we are, and how we live. It might not make sense to all of you, but it's how we do.

We like our tea sweet.

We say yes ma'am and no ma'am.

We fry everything.

We like to shag.

We love football on Friday nights and Saturdays. (This weekend was THE game... GO COCKS!)

We eat grits.

On Thanksgiving, we say dressing, not stuffing.

We say y'all.

We strike up conversations with random people, because we are friendly.

We eat pimento cheese.

We are proud of our state flag. It's everywhere!

There is really no place like home. It seems every where I go I am reminded about things that I love about home. I even love the shape of our state. I found a 10 pound rock in a parking lot one day in the perfect shape of our great state. I loved it so much I brought it home and it is in my flower bed as I type.

Just today at lunch as I was eating my baked lays, I found a chip in the shape our shape. It was what inspired this blog.


Where ever you live, I hope you love it as much as I love my home. If not come on down. There is always room for one more! Nothing could be finer than to live in Carolina!

1 comment:

The Rickards Family said...

I agree...SC is the BEST! One of these days we'll be back.