Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Is It December Yet?

Yesterday one of my students asked me that question. I replied, "no, not yet, just a few more days." His disappointment was immediate. A sigh, a frown, just a pitiful look. I knew that in his mind he was trying to figure out how far away Christmas was. I told him not to worry that it would be here soon enough. Now here we are on December eve. Tomorrow is December 1st, and the official 25 day count down to Christmas begins.

I am sure my students will be bouncing off the walls for the next few weeks until we get out again, but there is no other place I would rather be during this time of year than in a school with children. They make this time of year so exciting. Everyday they are talking about all the fun things that Christmas brings.

Starting tomorrow I will commit the next 25 days here at the blog to all things Christmas as we countdown to the big day. If you have an idea for a Christmas blog you would like me to share fill free to drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. Happy reading, and Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: