Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ask And It Shall Be Given

One time, several years ago I started complaining to a friend of mine about how I don't always get a buggy at Wal-Mart at the door, only to get way back in the store and realize that I should have got one. He asked me that day as we shopped, "Well, why don't you ask for one!" I laughed at him, but in as much seriousness as I could muster, I said, "Lord, I need a buggy!" Wouldn't you know it, we turned the corner and there sat an empty one way back in an obscure place of the store.

Since that day I cannot tell you how many times I have been there at the Wally World and asked the Lord for a buggy and He has been faithful to give it, but today He took it to a new level.

We were running around the store getting OCC stuff. I had a list a mile long with prices beside each item because I was trying to stay within the budget. I needed a pen really bad because I was going over on certain items, and I needed to do some figuring and some marking out... Trust me, I needed a pen. Matt suggested that I ask for a pen... I laughed, and jokingly said, "Lord, I need a pen."

Wouldn't you know it a few aisles over, there was a lady with a pen working on her own list. She noticed all the stuff in the buggy and asked me if I was gathering stuff for OCC boxes. I told her yes, and asked her could I borrow her pen. She not only let me borrow it, but insisted that I keep it. She said that she thought I needed more than her.

I know it may seem trivial to most of you to ask for something so small like a buggy or a pen, but God is faithful even in the small things. Next time you in there, and realize you need something, just ask... It might just surprise you at how He responds!

No comments: