Thursday, October 14, 2010

Magic Carpet

Last night I had the privilege of attending the Spartanburg County Junior League Mini Grants Award Ceremony for educators. I was one of many Spartanburg County educators there to receive my award. While there, the guest speaker shared a poem that I had never heard, but instantly added to my memory of things I need to memorize called "Magic Carpet," by Shel Siverstein

Magic Carpet

You have a magic carpet

that will whiz you through the air,

to Spain or Maine or Africa

if you just tell it where.

So will you let it take you

where you've never been before,

or will you buy some drapes to match

and use it on your floor?

Whatever you do today, don't waste your magic carpet by throwing it on the floor. Do something awesome for someone!

No comments: