Thursday, August 26, 2010

Am I Monkey?

Since I have been running this monkey treat has been my most favorite thing to eat. I absolutely cannot get enough of them! One day this summer, I think I had 5 or 6 in a day. It seems like I am going to the grocery store every 2 or 3 days just for bananas. Thank goodness they are just 49 cents a pound.

I wish they would keep a little longer so I could buy a bunch, but they go bad so fast. What do you do to keep them from spotting? Just curious. I know about hanging them so give me some new tips.

1 comment:

Melissa Parris said...

OH MY! I had a great-aunt who my mother nicknamed "The Banana Queen" because of her method of keeping bananas from going bad. Here you go: freeze water in an old orange juice carton - qt. size. Wash your bananas! Put the frozen water in a styrofoam cooler and put the bananas in the cooler with them. There was probably some way she kept the bananas from having direct contact with the ice, but i"ve forgotten that. She took one banana out each day, cut it in 1/2 and put the other half back in the cooler, cut end covered carefully with plastic wrap. She swore by this method and the whole thing drove my mom NUTS!