Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Over the years my Christmas Eve tradition has changed so much.....

When I was little (like up til I was 12 or so.) Christmas Eve was the biggest head ache for me... I know I know... it was supposed to be a great time for me as a kid, but it seemed my family always scheduled everything on top of everything!!!!!! I had to go to one granny's for a bit, then my dad would come get me or my mom would take me and drop me off at the other grandma's, and I never got to stay very long at either one.... I would just be having fun one place and then I would have to go to another...

Around 13 or so, my dad's family finally wised up and decided to do Christmas Eve in the morning instead of the night... This made life much much better... I could actually enjoy my stay at both places and not have to rush....

My 9th grade year, my granddad died and we continued to have our Christmas Eve tradition without him, but of course it wasn't the same.... My grandma moved and her house just couldn't accommodate all of us....

My mom's side still faithful gets together on Christmas Eve night.... I love it too!!!!!! We eat, play Bingo, I play the piano and we sing.... It is great. There never seems to be enough time though before we rush out to the Christmas Eve Service at church and then it's off to home and waiting on Santa.....

What do you do on this day??? Tell me about it... I love to listen!

No comments: