Saturday, September 19, 2009

Upward Football

A few years ago I coached soccer for Upward at my church... Now, if you know me, you know I am NOT athletic.... I do not know the first thing about soccer... but I had a good time and we made it through the year, and the girls I coached learned a lot about team work.

This year, I reluctantly agreed to coach football with my friend Matt, and man am I having a good time. Again, let me reiterate, I AM NOT ATHLETIC!!! I stink so bad... I smell like the landfill on a hot day when it comes to sports..... but I am having a blast... There is so much more to coaching than knowing the game... It is keeping your players motivated... encouraging them... pushing them... teaching them.... Kinda like what I do everyday in the classroom... If you ever have a chance to coach an Upward team... Do it.... It will be a blast.

No comments: