Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Evolution of a Deck: Day 3, 4, 5

The evolution of this deck took an interesting turn on Saturday...

Here is the work that was done...

Here is the unusual turn.... A sledgehammer was dropped and landed on Matt's head. A lot of blood, some scary moments, ER visit, and 2 hours later... This is what we had... 3 staples. Scary day! We were supposed to be at a wedding at 2, The accident happened at 12. Needless to say, we didn't make it. Matt is doing fine now. Staples can come out any time Sunday or after.


The steps went up Sunday after church. You will see them in the pic above that I said was Saturday. I forgot to take the pic Saturday because of all the head trauma chaos, but the floor was what was done.


On Monday evening we added the first of the rails and pickets. The worked slowed Monday because my contractor has several jobs going on right now. It is coming right along though. It should be completely finished by Sunday. I hope so anyway... Might be some rain coming to slow us down a bit. Stay tuned!


1 comment:

231 Cool Water Court 29316 said...

I'm loving your new deck! I know you will really enjoy it. Hope Matt is OK!!