Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running+Mission Trip/Vacation=DIFFICULT

Finally... I am home after 11 days of being gone. I had a great time as you can tell from the past 10 ten days of blogs, but as always, it is good to be home. While I was I gone I did everything in my power to stay on my regular running schedule. I had a lot of things working against me: added heat, extra work during the day, earlier than normal starts, extra heat, not my normal eating routine, extra heat, being tired from the extra work, and did I mention extra heat? In spite of all of the obstacles I stayed on a pretty good schedule. I thought I would share how it turned out hear to encourage those of you whose vacations still lie ahead. YOU CAN DO IT!

Sunday, July 10- The day we left, no running.

Monday, July 11- Worked all day in 100+ heat on a sheet rocking crew and managed to pull out 6.3 miles in 99 degree heat at 8 o'clock that night.

Tuesday, July 12- Needless to say I was WIPED OUT! Another full day of working on a sheet rock crew in 100 degree heat. REST!

Wednesday, July 13- Worked all day again, and ran 6.5 miles at 8:30PM in a cool 95 degrees.

Thursday, July 14- Last full day of work, no running. REST!

Friday, July 15- Traveled 11 hours in a car to Pennsylvania, then I ran 7 miles on the hotel treadmill that night.

Saturday, July 16- Drove to the Statue of Liberty, no running, but I am sure I walked at least 4 miles or so that day.

Sunday, July 17- Had a really busy day planned with family fun so I got up early and ran 8 miles on the hotel treadmill.

Monday, July 18- Spent the day in Hershey Park, no running, but a WHOLE LOT OF WALKING!

Tuesday, July 19- Got up early to run on the treadmill before our busy day at Hershey, but it was broken. I ran 5 of the hilliest miles of my life. It was 90 degrees at 7 that morning!!!

Wednesday, July 20- Woke up in DC to tour the city. No running this day, but walked about 6 miles throughout the city.

Today I was home. I have been busy doing the usual unpacking, laundry, etc. that comes with returning home after vacation. I did run tonight in hopes of getting to 30 miles for this running week. The grand total of miles for the 11 days I was gone was only 32.8 which is not the best, but I will take it. I did do 45 miles the week before I left so I guess I needed a rest. The official training for marathon #2 starts on Monday. Wish me luck!

No comments: