Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Overwhelmed By Peace

My heart is heavy today. It has been all day long as I have been thinking about a family in my church that experienced a horrible tragedy last night. They are such a strong and resilient family who I know are trusting God in ways that I can only hope that I would trust Him if I were in the same circumstances. As I have thought about them today tears have come and gone several times. I could not wait to get home and spend a quiet moment (less 16 summer itching 2nd graders) with the Lord on their behalf.

When I got home, I put on a play list of worship music that I sometimes listen to when I fall asleep. The Lord uses every song on there to remind me of who He is. I have heard all of them a 1,000 times. Today, like He always does when I need Him, He allowed me to hear this one in a whole new way today.

It is called The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe. I encourage you to take a listen, lay back against Him, listen to His heart beat, and be overwhelmed by His peace.


No comments: