Friday, May 27, 2011

Leaving Your Mark

Today my parents and students honored me with an amazing end of the year gift. For the past week they collected enough money for me to purchase a new pair of running shoes. I was absolutely blown away!!! Along with the shoes, they gave me new socks, the most heartfelt cards ever, and it was all wrapped up in a shoebox with a shoestring as a bow.




My most favorite part of the gift was the card that was presented to me first. The quote on the front reads... "If I pass through life without leaving a mark, for what did I live?"

I will forever remember that quote as I teach and as I run, but not because of the mark I will leave, but because of the mark my students leave on me and will leave on the world. What a great last day of school it was.


Posted from BB's iPhone!

No comments: