Thursday, March 3, 2011

17 Days Til The Marathon

The day after I managed to muster up enough energy to get through 2.4 miles, I was so proud of myself. I made up my mind right then that I was gonna keep doing at least that much everyday... Well, at least 5 days a week.

It wasn't long after that day that I found the energy to make it one more time around that .8 loop, for a total of 3.2.

Now, I am not good at math...never have been...Just ask Mr. Johnson (9th grade Algebra), Mrs. Blanton (10th grade Algebra), Ms. Jackson (11th grade Geometry), or Mrs. Inclan (12th grade Pre-Cal). I think the only one I made an A in was Geometry...the rest of them I earned the proverbial, HARD C! But, I knew that 3.2 was close to the distance of a 5k... After a little googling, and figuring, I realized that it was indeed a tenth of a mile longer that a 5k. If I could run that in my neighborhood, then surely I could run it in a race... and after a month of training, that is what I did. On April 10th, 2010 (My 32nd Birthday), I ran my first 5k in 27.5 minutes.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. You can read about it here.

No comments: