Monday, December 6, 2010

25 Days of Christmas-6

Don't you love seeing presents under the tree? I do not care where I go during this time of year, if I see a tree with presents under it I get so excited. The excitement comes from way down in my toes. I get down right giddy like I was a kid. I always want to sneak around underneath the tree and look for my present even when I know there is no way in the world there is a present for me under there. I actually have been known to look under the trees at Dillard's and Belk's... Much to my disappointment the boxes are fakes!!!


I remember specifically one year when my snooping under the tree paid off. I was looking and looking, and back behind the tree there was the biggest wrapped box I had ever seen. (Well, the biggest my 8 year old eyes had seen.) I looked on all sides of the box and found the tag. Sure enough, it said, To: Jed!!! I was ecstatic. It was Castle Grayskull. Most of you probably do not even know what that is. How sad!!! It was the castle where He-Man lived and got his power. I still get excited talking about that day.

I know we are not kids anymore, and most of that excitement is gone, but I hope that at some point this Christmas season you'll forget that you're a grown up full of pride... pick up a box... look at the tag... give it a shake... and have a moment that you'll remember forever!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

My mother in law found my husbands castle greyskull the other week and gave it to Noah. He loves it!

The Rickards Family said...

Even though I didn't have a Castle Grayskull, I remember the year my cousin got one from our grandparents. He was so excited. I got Cabbage Patch dolls! :)