Friday, August 20, 2010

Life Lesson From An iPhone

In case you live under a rock or in a dark dark cave... This is an iPhone 4.


Recently, I had the privilege of purchasing one of these and it quickly became an extra arm. I cannot imagine life without it. In some ways it has taken the place of my once cherished lap top. Not in all ways, but a lot.

I look after my iPhone like it was a child. I have a special cloth that I clean it with. I have a special spot I lay it down at home. I put it in a ziploc baggie when I run. I know where it is at ALL times!

Last night at dinner I sat it down on the table beside me. Immediately I noticed that I sat it just a little too close to the edge of the table. I instantly moved it back towards the center of the table and away from any drinks.

Almost at the same time I moved it, I heard that ever small voice (duh, the Holy Spirit) in my head whisper a HUGE life lesson to me. It said... "Jed, if only you would act and move away from sin with just that same speed that you moved that phone away from danger.

Isn't that exactly what we do with sin... We try to get as close to the "edge" as possible and think that we will not fall off. Then, next thing you know, not only did we fall but landed flat on our face!!! All of it can be avoided if we just move ourselves away from it. Back away from the edge and away from the possibility of a spill.

You may not get what I am trying to say... If not, blame it on my writing... If you get it... Move back from the edge and don't fall!!!!

No comments: